SWATNet provides all their Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) with multiple opportunities for multiple sets of skills development (core scientific skills, transferable skills, work-life balance skills, just to mention a few) that are not acquired via traditional doctoral training as well as with networking opportunities and career guidance.
For this purpose SWATNet organises a number of regular training events, including seven workshops and three summer schools. In these events, ESRs will gain strong and diverse knowledge on space weather and its applications, develop further technical competencies and practical skills. Some of training opportunities will be open to all interested stakeholders, from external academic groups to industry, to public institutions and agencies.
Training schedule (changes may come)
- November 2021 School 1: Introduction to Space Weather (online)
- January 2022 Workshop 1: Communicating Science (online)
- March 2022 Workshop 2: Research Project Management (with Annual Meeting 1)
- June 2022 Workshop 4: Communication and Outreach (Coimbra)
- September 2022 School 2: Sun-Earth interactions (Athens)
- September 2022 Workshop 3: Solar Activity and Space Weather (Athens)
- March 2023 Workshop 5: mini-MBA (with Annual Meeting 2)
- June 2023 School 3: Space Weather and our Technological Society & Workshop 6: Entrepreneurialism in Space Physics
- February 2024 Workshop 7: Careers Workshop (with Annual Meeting 3)